[Openstack-operators] Remote participation from Design Summit (and conference) was (Re: [Openstack] Health & Monitoring Blueprints)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Apr 12 17:11:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 23:13 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> The following channels have been created on Freenode and are
> registered.
>
> #osds-ballroom
> #osds-seacliff-a-b
> #osds-seacliff-c
> #osds-seacliff-d
> #osds-marina
> #osds-bayview-a
> #osds-bayview-b
> #osds-golden-gate
>
> Each channel is also getting logged, viewable via HTTP here:
>   http://irclogs.osds.cogitat.io/

Awesome, thank you Duncan.

We have also (thanks to Cisco) https://openstack.webex.com/ that we can
use to stream audio from the rooms. Before we sing our happy song,
though, we need to jump a few hoops:

- test that Webex actually runs on the Ubuntu machines contributed by
Zareason
- configure the 8 machines
- prepare all the Webex events/meetings
- update the Summit sessions adding the link to the Webex meetings
- install the machines at the conference venue (on Sunday afternoon)
- hope things work well on Monday

I need volunteers to make all these things happen. Sunday afternoon hand
work especially. Contact me in private, please, if you have experience
with Webex, have an Ubuntu 11.04 machine for testing purposes and will
be in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon to help setup the rooms.

thanks,
stef