[Openstack-operators] FW: Question about swauth

Manu Dargan mdargan at twinstrata.com
Wed Nov 30 17:52:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

                I am trying to install OpenStack for the first time locally
within my environment and ran into an issue which I hope someone can
address.

My Config:

I have created 6 servers all running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  Five of the six
servers I have configured as the storage nodes.  The sixth is my Proxy/Auth
node.  I have followed the admin guide step by step.  On the proxy node  I
have done the following:

Apt-get install python-software-properties

Add-apt-repository ppa:swift-core/ppa

Apt-get update

Apt-get install swift openssh-server

Mkdir -p /etc/swift

Chown -R swift:swift /etc/swift/

Created the swift.conf with the following entries

[swift-hash]

Swift_hash_path_suffix = theactualhash

Now the instructions tell me to install swauth from
https://github.com/gholt/swauth.  I downloaded the package and untarred it
into a dir and installed it.  One of the steps during installation involves
running this command:

swauth-prep -K swauthkey

I run that command get the following error:

Does anyone know what this error indicates and how to resolve it.  Thanks.

Manu Dargan
Services & Support Manager