[Openstack-operators] HA - live migration and stuff

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed May 18 13:25:54 UTC 2011

Hi Lele -

On the OpenStack mailing list there was a post about network and high
availability, but specifically this Etherpad at
http://etherpad.openstack.org/making-nova-components-ha is the only area
where people are putting in their ideas for how to make OpenStack HA.

Hope this helps, feel free to continue the discussion.
Anne

Dear All,

We (NTT PF Lab) will be discussing on how we can support HA of nova-network
component tomorrow at 4:00 P.M.
Actually Edward would be driving this session for his blueprint
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/making-nova-components-ha and we
have requested Edward to reserve some time slot for us so that we can
explain what we did to achieve HA of nova-network service (Active/Standby)
using heartbeat (Linux-HA).

Please refer to the attached document which gives you more information about
the POC, the problems we encountered and how did we resolve those problems.

We have created etherpad at
http://etherpad.openstack.org/making-nova-components-ha. Your
feedback/suggestions are welcome.

See you all tomorrow at 4:00 P.M.