[Openstack-operators] Live-migration with nova

Công Nguyễn ntcong.it at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:22:27 UTC 2011

As I read the document, to enable migration between hosts, I must have kvm
running with the instance dir mounted via NFS on both controller and compute
node.
Is live-migration support in other hypervisor (Xen, XenServer).
I'm thinking about using glance as image service, and swift as backend store
for glance, is it possible to do live-migration with this setup.
And last question, is KVM the default and the target hypervisor of
openstack, many openstack document suggest using KVM, I'm thinking about
choosing KVM or Xen for our infrastructure.