[Openstack-operators] Using OpenStack in my office

Ken Pepple ken.pepple at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:17:11 UTC 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 5:00 AM, openstack-operators-request at lists.openstack.org wrote:
> I currently have a script that connects to Amazon's API, and starts the
> various types of instances I need and using MetaData, I can then run a bash
> script automatically on each instance, to identify its role, and thus, start
> various services on the instance.
>
> How much different is OpenStack from Amazon for me to migrate over to
> OpenStack for our QA env?

Shai -

Assuming that the library you are using to write your provisioning scripts allows you to change the API end point URL/URI and port (to point to your nova-api server), OpenStack Nova should be very similar.

You may need to repackage your images (for the virtualization solution you choose) but otherwise I don't see many differences.

/k

---
Ken Pepple
ken.pepple at gmail.com