[Openstack-operators] New to Open Stack - shutdown vs terminate

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:29:11 UTC 2011

Tom,

I dont know if croning the "Terminate" for instances in "shutdown" state is
a good idea, after a Physical node restart the instances running in that
node stays in shutdown mode after the node comes back, you can "re-awake"
them by issuing nova reboot, maybe a cleaner an usefull script will try to
"reboot" the instance and if doest succeed terminate them, just an idea.

Regards
Lele