[Openstack-operators] New to Open Stack - shutdown vs terminate

Tom Fifield fifieldt at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 5 04:50:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

Echoing this request - it's very handy on Amazon EC2 when a shutdown -h
now command results in instance termination.

Is there a reason for the difference in OpenStack, or is this just how
it was implemented? :)

I'd probably be writing a cron script to look at the database to
'terminate' instances in 'shutdown' state and thereby freeing their
resources...

Regards,

Tom