[Openstack-operators] problems getting nova-compute server running

jlowey at tgen.org jlowey at tgen.org
Thu Dec 8 17:49:51 UTC 2011

Hello,
Having problems getting nova-compute server setup using ubuntu 11.10,  it appears that the DB is not quite right.
Here is the error I receive on the Postgresql server:

2011-12-08 10:12:31 MST ERROR:  relation "instances" does not exist at character 6719

And here is the message from the nova-compute.log:

2011-12-08 10:12:31,252 CRITICAL nova [-] (ProgrammingError) relation "instances" does not exist
LINE 2: FROM instances LEFT OUTER JOIN virtual_interfaces AS virtual…

I did run a nova-manage db sync but that did not seem to resolve the issue.

root at Server1:/var/log/postgresql# nova-manage db version
46

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you,
James