[Openstack-mentoring] Neutron subnet with DHCP relay

Thomas King thomas.king at gmail.com
Thu May 28 20:32:01 UTC 2020

Good day,

We have Ironic running and connected via VLANs to nearby machines. We want
to extend this to other parts of our product development lab without
extending VLANs.

Using DHCP relay, we would point to a single IP address to serve DHCP
requests but I'm not entirely sure of the Neutron network/subnet
configuration, nor which IP address should be used for the relay agent on
the switch.

Is DHCP relay supported by Neutron?

My guess is to add a subnet in the provisioning network and point the relay
agent to the linuxbridge interface's IP:
14: brq467f6775-be: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc
noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000
    link/ether e2:e9:09:7f:89:0b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet 10.10.0.1/16 scope global brq467f6775-be
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 fe80::5400:52ff:fe85:d33d/64 scope link
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

Thank you,
Tom King