[OpenStack-Infra] Help / Pointers on mirroring https://opendev.org/starlingx in github.com

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Jan 30 18:12:38 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020, at 5:21 AM, Waines, Greg wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am working in the OpenStack StarlingX team.
>
> We are working on getting StarlingX certified through the CNCF
> conformance program,
> https://www.cncf.io/certification/software-conformance/ .
>

> ( in the same way that the OpenStack Magnum project got certified with
> CNCF ... you can search for them on the above page )
>

> In order for the logo to be shown as based on open-source, CNCF
> requires that the code be mirrored on github.com .
>

> e.g. OpenStack Magnum has done this: https://github.com/openstack/magnum
>
> In fact, not sure why, but almost all the core OpenStack projects have
> github mirrors: nova, neutron, keystone, cinder, glance, etc.
>

> Since so many of the OpenStack projects currently mirror to github.com,
>  I was hoping there was a well-documented recipe for setting this up.
>

> **??? Is there a recipe for mirroring an openstack project’s opendev
> repositories in github.com ???**
>
> **Or someone that can help out in doing this ?**

Roman provided good feedback[0] on the thread you started on openstack-discuss. I suggest we keep further discussion there as that serves as a good starting point. Note that magnum uses the legacy replication tooling, but Airship uses the modern process that Roman describes (this is what should be used).

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-January/012268.html