[OpenStack-Infra] Help / Pointers on mirroring https://opendev.org/starlingx in github.com

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Thu Jan 30 13:21:55 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am working in the OpenStack StarlingX team.
We are working on getting StarlingX certified through the CNCF conformance program, https://www.cncf.io/certification/software-conformance/ .

( in the same way that the OpenStack Magnum project got certified with CNCF ... you can search for them on the above page )

In order for the logo to be shown as based on open-source, CNCF requires that the code be mirrored on github.com .

e.g. OpenStack Magnum has done this: https://github.com/openstack/magnum
In fact, not sure why, but almost all the core OpenStack projects have github mirrors: nova, neutron, keystone, cinder, glance, etc.

Since so many of the OpenStack projects currently mirror to github.com,
I was hoping there was a well-documented recipe for setting this up.

??? Is there a recipe for mirroring an openstack project’s opendev repositories in github.com ???
Or someone that can help out in doing this ?

Let me know,
Greg.

p.s. I cc’d Thierry because I noticed that there are repos for all the StarlingX subprojects in github.com now
e.g. https://github.com/openstack/stx-metal
But with a final commit/comment from Thierry that these repos have been retired and moved to opendev