[OpenStack-Infra] Zanata broken on Bionic

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Sat Apr 27 01:56:21 UTC 2019

Am 2019-04-26 18:31, schrieb corvus at inaugust.com:
> Frank Kloeker <eumel at arcor.de> writes:
>
>> Just as a follow up: I've wrote down all required steps and ideas for
>> a migration to Weblate on [1].
>
> Thanks for that!  Will this be a topic at the PTG?

Not yet. I've just created our team Etherpad [1] and I think it makes
sense to discuss this onsite. Proposed day is Thursday, May 2, no time
specs so far.

>> There are some issues adressed but thats not unsolvable (i.e. invent
>> openstackid as a OpenId provider).
>
> We may want to think about deploying this in OpenDev, so the
> openstackid
> provider may not be as critical (likely one option among many).  Though
> we still may want to wait until it's a choice before we deploy it.

For the OpenID provider python-social-auth is used. I made a pull
request on [2] and asked Jimmy and Sebastian for help. That seems to me
to be the best experts for this OpenStackID.

>> First big steps are almost done. Gerrit integration is working out of
>> the box [2]. The workflow will be much easier in the future. Beside
>> proposals every 24 hours, also ad hoc proposals are possible. So
>> translations will be get faster into repos.
>> The other way around is also tested: Webhook with Github is working to
>> push translations to Weblate. I saw Gitea has a simlar feature - so
>> that should also work out and faster as the current way.
>> A rough installation procedere is on [3], including a semi
>> automatation to setup projects.
>
> We are no longer replicating all projects to Github, so I don't think
> we
> want to build any tooling that depends on that.  We could do something
> with Gitea, however, I'd prefer to continue treating it as a simple
> read-only mirror at the moment.  So for getting data into Weblate, I
> think we should look at using Zuul for that.  Post-merge jobs could
> push
> changes to Weblate fairly easily.  It looks like that's one of the
> options in the etherpad, with "wlc pull".

Github was only an example. If a test repo like gtest would be synced
from review-dev to Gitea we can test the webhook. But what I said, it
should work in the same similarity.
The biggest problem at the moment are pot files. Weblate expects this in
the source repo which we haven't. But Weblate has it's own local repos.
It's not clear at the moment how we design the workflow. Zuul can also
push changes on rst files in the Weblate repo and Weblate can build pot
files there. It's to think about it.

kind regards

Frank

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-train