[OpenStack-Infra] Low Key Monday Evening Get Together

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Apr 24 21:38:42 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> Hello Infra!
>
> Monday evening is looking like a good night to have a low key informal
> team gathering. The only official event on the calendar is the
> Marketplace Mixer which runs until 7pm. Weather permitting I'd like to
> head back to Lowry Beer Garden (where we've gone at past PTGs). It is a
> bit out of the way from the conference center so we will need to
> coordinate uber/lyft transport but that hasn't been a problem in the
> past.
>
> Lets meet at 6:30pm (I can send specific location once onsite) and head
> over to Lowry. If the weather looks terrible I can call ahead and see
> if their indoor area is open and if they say it is "meh" we'll find
> something closer to the conference center. Also, they close at 9pm
> which should force us to get some sleep :)
>
> Finally, Monday is a good day because it is gertty's birthday. Hope to
> see you then.

Hey, it was pointed out that there is a really good chance that Zuul will be confirmed as a top level OSF project at the board meeting on Sunday. This seems like an excellent thing to celebrate as well, and given the overlap between Zuul and Infra teams I think we should celebrate that together.

Don’t want to put the cart before the horse though, so we can wait until we know for sure before we put a label on it. But please go ahead and mark Monday evening for Zuul too just in case.

Also looking at the weather more closely it will be about 50F/11C with rain and wind Monday evening, so Lowry may not be the best choice. It has been pointed out that For The Win Denver would be willing to take us as an informal group and we can play arcade games indoors instead. They have food and drinks too.

As things firm up I'll send an update to this email with concrete time and location details.

Clark