[OpenStack-Infra] I need to be re-instated (I only have a openstack community user ID, currently) with industry access as per my company co-worker

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Sep 6 18:54:24 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018, at 4:36 PM, Tim O'Konski wrote:
> Dear OpenStack Infra Team:
>

> As I'm helping Angela Smith, my co-worker at Broadcom with updating the CI
> setup, I need to be given back my membership status on the Infra Team of
> OpenStack.    For example:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/10,members

This group is for first party OpenStack community infrastructure CI tools. Upstream Zuul and previously Upstream Jenkins for example. All registered users are allowed to comment on any change but if you want to leave +/-1 Verified votes as a third party CI you will need to negotiate those permissions with the individual projects you are reporting to. When they are happy with your results they add your account to the project specific CI groups like https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/511,members to enable that.

> My name isn't here, however when I go to look at my login, this is here:
>

> All looks well here (i.e. just above).
>
> Can you please add me back in to the industry members list?  Andy an other
> missing capabilities?

As mentioned above you should be good to start reporting, you'll just have to vote Verified 0 until the target projects are comfortable giving you greater vote permissions. Typically a good idea to communicate with the projects either way so that they understand what you are testing.

> Also, if there are any sample (i.e. working, with the large number of
> configuration parameters filled in with a working CI) that you can give me
> access to, it would be very much appreciated as there is out of
> date/misleading documentation on the site currently (i.e. for example:
>
> https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/running-your-own.html
>
> That currently has a large warning indication box at the top:
>
> Running your own CI infrastructure
> <https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/roles.html>
> <https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/unofficial_project_hosting.html>
>   <https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/748>
> UPDATED: 2018-09-03 21:43
>

> Warning
>
> Parts of this file are out of date
>  What parts?  I find no versioning or other indicators as to the spurious
> and/or incorrect information.
>
> How do other's  go about the process of creating a new (i.e. Zuul 2) CI?

https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/third_party.html should be mostly up to date docs (especially for zuulv2) third party testing setup docs.

Hope this helps,
Clark