[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul: Question about Github webhook

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:54:06 UTC 2018

Sorry for this newbie intrusion on the distribution list. I am trying to
follow the Zuul from Scratch instructions[1] to set up Zuul at home. The
purpose is twofold: Learn about Zuul, and check whether Zuul from Scratch
instructions are accurate and make sense.

Currently I am at a roadblock.

The problem is the Github webhook, through which Github sends data to Zuul.
It should be
http://<zuul-hostname>/connection/github/payload [2], but on the Zuul server
that
I have deployed so far, nothing listens at port 80. Thus, Github gets
a "connection refused" when trying to contact my server. I used tcpdump to
confirm that my server does indeed receive an http POST from Github.

Either something is wrong with my setup, which prevents Zuul from listening
at
80. Or the webhook isn't documented correctly.

How can I confirm what could be the problem?

Bernd

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/admin/zuul-from-scratch.html
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/admin/drivers/github.html,
https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/admin/zuul-from-scratch.html#configure