[OpenStack-Infra] OpenStack and open infrastructure

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Mar 19 18:31:12 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, at 4:24 AM, Darragh Bailey wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm looking to spin out a testing code used for git-upstream (
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/git-upstream) into a separate
> project as a fixture to make it easier to use else where for building tests
> for tools that use git.
>
> Currently lining up a few commits using OpenStack's Gerrit as a holding
> place until I've worked out where the new project should reside,
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/551445/ being the main one, and I've some
> tests to write.
>
> Based on
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2017-November/002532.html
> (OpenStack and open infrastructure) I'm wondering if that means it can
> continue to live within the OpenStack infrastructure/tooling? Or is this
> something that is still under discussion as to what it means?

I think we can largely ignore what the foundation level changes imply for this and instead just rely on the existing unofficial project hosting that we provide. git-upstream itself is hosted as an unofficial project (formerly Stackforge) and I think we can just host fixtures-git the same way.

Historical docs at https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/stackforge.html with updates proposed at https://review.openstack.org/554312 to more accurately reflect the current state of things. More supporting info at https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20160119-stackforge-retirement.html.

> Created a change for this just in case this is a straight forward request
> and there was no need for this email: https://review.openstack.org/553978

Yup, it should be this straightforward. Though AJaeger has at least one review item that will need to be addressed.

Hope this helps,

Clark