[OpenStack-Infra] extending python-jenkins-core group

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Mar 14 23:15:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018, at 1:33 PM, Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to propose extending the list of people with commit access
> to python-jenkins because that repository needs more attention.
>
> As you know this is a key dependency of jenkins-job-builder and
> sometimes we need to fix bugs (or implement features) in the library.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/322,members
> <https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/322,members>
>
> Is seems that the current list of members is not long enough as even few
> trivial reviews were ignored for long time.
>
> I think that adding few others should give the project a boost, all of
> them already core committers on jenkins-job-builder-core:
> * Thanh Ha
> * Sorin Sbarnea (nominating myself, bit lame...)
> * Wayne Warren
> (picked based on who performed reviews recently)
>
> An alternative would be to add the entire jenkins-job-builder-core group
> as member of python-jenkins one.
>
> Please let me know what you think about this proposal.

Fungi has pointed out that python-jenkins isn't an official Infra (or even OpenStack) project. This means my input here is mostly as an outside observer and should not be treated as special in any way.

I think it would be a great idea to expand the core membership particularly if these individuals are interested in maintaining the project. My recollection was that we imported the project into Gerrit in the first place because it had gone stale on launchpad. The initial people involved in that were James Page, Jim Blair, and Khai Do. You already have input from one of the three, but maybe check up with the other two and if they give you the go ahead call it good and update the group?

Hope this helps,
Clark