[OpenStack-Infra] Is our testing of nodepool ok?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun Jan 21 16:28:25 UTC 2018

With the merge of Zuulv3 branch of nodepool, we need to rethink our
testing of nodepool.

We currently run on openstack-infra/glean and
openstack/diskimage-builder these jobs:

        - legacy-dsvm-nodepool-redhat-src
        - legacy-dsvm-nodepool-ubuntu-src
        - legacy-dsvm-nodepool-opensuse-src
	- legacy-dsvm-nodepool-debian-src (experimental)

The jobs check out nodepool and shade as well. Those are python 2 jobs
but isn't nodepool python 3 now? Also, nodepool has devstack file, is that

I just pushed https://review.openstack.org/#/c/536135/ to see whether
the jobs still work - only opensuse succeeded, rest failed but didn't
dig into those.

So, my question: Do we test the right thing with these jobs now that
nodepool v3 branch is merged or are changes needed for the setup? And
could somebody check why those two fail?

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)