[OpenStack-Infra] [kolla] kolla-cli master pointer change

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Apr 3 20:48:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018, at 11:14 AM, Borne Mace wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I brought up my issue in #openstack-infra and it was suggested that I
> send an email to this list.
>
> The kolla-cli repository was recently created, from existing sources.
> There was an issue with the source repo where the master branch was
> sorely out of date, but there is tagged source which is up to date.  My
> hope is that someone can force-push the tag as master so that the master
> branch can be fixed / updated.
>
> I tried to solve this process through the normal merge process, but
> since I was not the only committer to that repository gerrit refused to
> post my review.  I will add the full output of that attempt at the end
> so folks can see what I'm talking about.  If there is some other process
> that is more appropriate for me to follow here let me know and I'm happy
> to go through it.
>
> The latest / optimal code is tagged as o3l_4.0.1.
>
> Thanks much for your help!
>
> -- Borne Mace

Responding to the list to make sure we properly record the steps that were taken here. I checked out o3l_4.0.1 in kolla-cli locally then pushed it to Gerrit as an admin using `git push gerrit local-branch:master`. Because this was a fast forward I didn't even need to force push it. This also means local clients should update cleanly to the new master commit as well.

I have since received confirmation from Borne that all looks good.

Thank you for your patience,
Clark