[OpenStack-Infra] RFC about creating a project for log-classify.crm

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Nov 21 17:48:29 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 09:17 AM, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:

snip

> Actually the rfc is this thread :-)
>
> Though I forgot to mention the first steps that could use comments before
> we move on:
> * create the openstack-infra/log-classify project,
> * import the log-classify.crm script,
> * wrap the script with a more user friendly interface, and
> * modify the puppet-log_processor to use that new project instead

This sounds like a great place to start. Considering the interest
already forming around this I would say go ahead and create the project
and start with the import process so that people have a concrete place
to start working on this. I am sure it will evolve from there, but
getting started is often the most difficult step.

Related to the last step we have temporarily disabled CRM classification
in the log processor pipeline because we treat the whole file path as a
unique file to classify which ended up filling our workers' disks with
classification files. I think one of the things we will want to address
early on is using the basename rather than the whole path to
significantly reduce the total number of data files on disk. This way we
can get it running in the log processor pipeline again for proper
production feedback of changes that are happening.

Once again let me know if I can help with anything (happy to review new
project creation changes for example).

Thank you for getting this started,
Clark