[OpenStack-Infra] RFC about creating a project for log-classify.crm

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 17:17:51 UTC 2017

On November 21, 2017 4:46 pm, Andrea Frittoli wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 3:09 AM Tristan Cacqueray <tdecacqu at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I would like to contribute to the automatic log classification.
>

> Automatic log classification would be a great help in maintaining CI!
> Something that detects anomalies and automatically proposes E-R queries
> would be great :)

I'm not sure how it works as of now, but anomalous lines could be
compared accross changes and, after a threshold, the tool could
totally propose new e-r queries and even suggests bug report creation.

>> Please
>> find bellow a request for comments regarding creating a dedicated project
>> for the log-classify.crm script.
>>

> Is there a link missing below?

Actually the rfc is this thread :-)

Though I forgot to mention the first steps that could use comments before
we move on:
* create the openstack-infra/log-classify project,
* import the log-classify.crm script,
* wrap the script with a more user friendly interface, and
* modify the puppet-log_processor to use that new project instead

The text bellow is more of an initial roadmap.

> The main issue is the lack of tests. The first contribution would be
>> to currate a dataset we could use to create a CI job to prevent
>> regression.
>>
>> The script also deserves some sort of documentation regarding usage
>> and debugging.
>>
>> Lastly, it would be usable outside of the log-gearman-worker environment.
>>

> Thanks for looking into this!
> I would be happy to contribute.
>
> Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)

Thanks for the feedback!