[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul roadmap

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Thu Nov 2 00:33:30 UTC 2017

On November 1, 2017 11:56 pm, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 02:47:20PM -0700, James E. Blair wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At the PTG we brainstormed a road map for Zuul once we completed the
>> infra cutover.  I think we're in a position now that we can get back to
>> thinking about this, so I've (slightly) cleaned it up and organized it
>> here.
>
> <snip>
>
>> How does this look?
>
> Something we talked about on IRC that I didnt' see there was a REST API
> to get the current config for a project.  Something that requirements
> and release management can use to validate that $project has the correct
> templates in place for all the automation to work.
>
> Right now we're just checking-project as assuming that's good enough and
> it probably is ;P but It'd still be cool if the REST API was there at
> some point.
>
> Yours Tony.

That's a great idea, actually the zuul-web dashboard[0] mentioned in the
"very near term" is actually a REST API from the zuul-web service.
It currently only exposes jobs list and build result history, though it
should be possible to expose a projects.json endpoint to give you that
information. I think this would be a great addition to provide more visual
feedback about project's pipeline and job dependencies.

Perhaps we would also need a templates.json endpoint too so that a
project configuration would reference templates instead/alongside the
expanded configuration.

Regards,
-Tristan

[0]: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:zuul-web