[OpenStack-Infra] [OpenStack-docs] [infra][docs] Steps to migrate docs.o.o to new AFS based server

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 3 14:43:16 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-03 08:01:42 +0100 (+0100), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
[...]
> 3) Create docs-archived content so that we can still access any
>    content that wasn't published recently:
>    a) Resync the mirror at http://files.openstack.org/docs-old/
>    b) Serve the content via docs-archived.openstack.org (see
>       https://review.openstack.org/416148 )
>    c) Add external IP address
>    c) Update 404 handler to point to docs-archived.
[...]

I'm a little unclear on what step "c" is supposed to be there... all
our servers already have "external" (globally routable) IP
addresses.

As for step "d" that could presumably get confusing if someone
requests a page that doesn't exist at either site, since they'll get
an error about a missing page at docs-archive.o.o instead of
docs.o.o (maybe that's fine, I don't have much insight into reader
expectations). Is the longer-term plan to review analytics for page
hits against docs-archive to figure out what else should be copied
over to docs.o.o manually, or incorporated/reintroduced into
documentation builds?