[OpenStack-Infra] shade. token_endpoint does not work

Evgeniy Ivanov e601809 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 09:13:32 UTC 2016

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to use shade as a client to my cloud. And first, I want to
create a new service use 'auth_type: token_endpoint' (because I have
admin_token and auth_url only, after initial installation)
I'm trying to do this:

import shade
shade.simple_logging(debug=True)
operator = shade.operator_cloud(cloud='local_bypass')
operator.create_service(name='keystone', enabled=True, type='identity')

and always get an error:
shade.exc.OpenStackCloudException: Failed to create service keystone
(Inner Exception: Problem with auth parameters)

but, with the openstack cli (openstack --os-cloud local_bypass service
bla-bla-bla), my cloud works well.

Can anybody help me? Where is the problem?

my clouds.yml:
clouds:
   local_bypass:
     auth_type: token_endpoint