[OpenStack-Infra] International Industry-Academia Workshop on Cloud Reliability and Resilience

Jorge Cardoso (Cloud Operations and Analytics, IT R&D Division) Jorge.Cardoso at huawei.com
Wed Oct 5 12:50:59 UTC 2016

Dear Openstack Project Creator,

Since you work with the cloud platform openstack, the Cloud Reliability and Resilience Workshop we are organizing in Berlin 07-08.11 may be of interest to you. Please see:
http://www.eitdigital.eu/news-events/events/article/international-industry-academia-workshop-on-cloud-reliability-and-resilience/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.eitdigital.eu_news-2Devents_events_article_international-2Dindustry-2Dacademia-2Dworkshop-2Don-2Dcloud-2Dreliability-2Dand-2Dresilience_&d=CwMFAw&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=hfOxX6KcX2hBkJ2ktrJIcV6cff5y7OAH4volZlK_M_I&m=zxVAW47cesbL19bAdmUYXRye9cFGewP9RvfZpTwfSvY&s=jlCkHRnZBPhPEmhXadPm555zNEQP1Rvm4IPagduqGP4&e=>

The program is almost finalized. We will have keynote speakers from Microsoft, LinkedIn, Google, IBM, Brocade, NIST, etc. talking about Cloud Reliability, Recovery, Dependability, and Fault-injection (see the list below).

There are no costs for participants, but the number of available places is limited.
Please let me know if you would like to join us or if you would like to send someone from your group.

Best Regards,
Jorge Cardoso

Speaker List:
Building Blocks for Site Reliability At Google, Sebastian Kirsch, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Google, Switzerland.
Using Event-driven Automation and Workflows for Auto-remediation, Dmitri Zimine, Brocade, US.
High Availability and Disaster Recovery in OpenStack: From humble beginnings to enterprise reliability, Florian Haas, Hastexo, Austria.
A Tale of Ice and Fire, or: The Cloud and The Standards, Michel Drescher, University of Oxford, UK.
I'm No Hero: Full Stack Reliability at LinkedIn, Todd Palino, LinkedIn, US.
Resilient Cloud Storage - The Consistency View, Neeraj Suri, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Breaking Azure for Fun and Profit, Pavel Michailov, Microsoft, US.
Cloud Reliability for OpenStack, Thomas Lumpp, IBM, Germany.
Dependable Storage and Computing using Multiple Cloud Providers, Alysson Neves Bessani, ULisbon, Portugal.
A Cloud is Not Enough, Reliable Delivery Matters More, Ajay Gulati, ZeroStack, US.
Cloud Based Fault Injection for Anomaly Detection, Craig Sheridan, flexiOPS, UK.

Prof. Dr. Jorge Cardoso
Chief Architect for Cloud Operations and Analytics
IT R&D Division

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D21EF9.2BBCA900]
Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstraße 25, 80992 München

Email:    jorge.cardoso at huawei.com<mailto:jorge.cardoso at huawei.com>
Mobile: +49 172 174 0862
Phone: +49 (0)89 158 834 4029 / Internal: 00494029
Seat: D-3.0G 3.11
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany, www.huawei.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.huawei.com_&d=CwMFAw&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=hfOxX6KcX2hBkJ2ktrJIcV6cff5y7OAH4volZlK_M_I&m=zxVAW47cesbL19bAdmUYXRye9cFGewP9RvfZpTwfSvY&s=B5he5sL7buVH8zxIc4sI2bB1X-uDDqPozaCapNCdjPE&e=>
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN