[OpenStack-Infra] [OT] Call for speaker submissions

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue May 3 18:27:08 UTC 2016

On 05/03/2016 02:19 PM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 10:01:06AM -0700, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
>> coordinate
>> coordination

>>> Yeah, we don't tend to prepare the presentations until after our talks
>>> have been accepted and that's when we use the publications repo.
>>>
>>> I like using the mailing list as a notification mechanism but I think
>>> we should also maintain an etherpad with a listing so we can keep it
>>> all organized in the longer term.
>>>
>> I'd be happy to see a etherpad URL we can use to list conferences and talks
>> people are thinking of talking at.
>>
>>> --
>>> Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph || Lyz || pleia2
>>>

> I like the coordination, sometimes it is useful if suddenly two folks are
> interested in talking at the same conference (either can be a cooler bigger
> talk, or each can be more specialized). :)
>
> --Morgan

I think co-ordination is a great idea and has been mentioned several
times already will help to ensure coverage at important conferences and
giving correct attribution to tool authors and contributors.

I do want to state that I don't think it is a requirement. As an
example, I found out about PyCon CA the Sunday after the proposals
closed the Friday prior and submitted a proposal within 15 minutes of
discovering the conference. (My talk was accepted.) So my point is,
don't let the process prevent you from submitting a talk if you have a
tight deadline. Submit by all means, then co-ordinate after, as fits
your use case.

Thanks for starting the conversation Paul,
Anita.