[OpenStack-Infra] RFC: Gerrit verfiy-status plugin

Zaro zaro0508 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:57:08 UTC 2016

Hello All.  We are in the process of creating the Gerrit verify-status
plugin[1].  This plugin will provide a separate reporting channel for
patchset test metadata.  It will persist test metadata for each
patchset that gets uploaded to gerrit.  We are hoping this will open
up possibilities that are not available today.  From allow us to move
away from having to report test results to Gerrit comments to mining
test results for patterns.  The plugin is still work in progress at
this point but I think we have enough working to elicit feedback from
the our esteemed community.

Current Features:
1. Automated database schema creation.  Just set the gerrit.config
file with database info and the plugin will automatically create the
required schema.
2. REST endpoint to save and retrieve job results
3. SSH command to save the job results
4. A gsql command to view the database tables
5. A 'buids' drop down[2] on the change screen to visualize the job results.

[1] https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/verify-status/+/master/src/main/resources/Documentation
[2] https://imgur.com/KDquXfy

PS.  I would like to give a special shout out to David Ostrovsky for
doing the bulk of work implementing this feature.  Thanks David!

-Khai