[OpenStack-Infra] git-review 1.26 release

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Mar 28 19:06:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-28 09:41:59 -0700 (-0700), Zaro wrote:
> would be nice to include the change to set WIP on push:
> https://review.openstack.org/281504

I don't believe there was ever consensus on this since there was no
generic Gerrit-independent solution for work in progress
(recommended to be a Gerrit plug-in instead). I'm tempted to just
expect it to detect and support the WIP plug-in rather than our
hackish WIP-by-label workaround, and work on converting our current
deployment to use the plug-in once it's ready.

New features, if they can be justified (like supporting Gerrit's
upcoming "signed push" detection as was mentioned in IRC earlier
today), should be considered _after_ we release but I'm still not
keen on adding features unless they really make sense to most
typical Gerrit deployments and represent basic functionality we
expect most users to need/understand.

I'd like to make sure we avoid adding advanced features easily
handled by existing tools (especially Git), or relying on unusual
Gerrit configurations/deployment choices.