[OpenStack-Infra] Installing Zuul without the openstack-infra Puppet

Ricardo Carrillo Cruz ricardo.carrillo.cruz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:12:55 UTC 2016

Absolutely.

As a matter of fact, the OpenStack Infra CI no longer has a Puppetmaster
daemon running.
The current puppetmaster.openstack.org is a host containing hiera and
puppet modules. A cron'd Ansible play pushes to the clients the pertinent
hiera secrets
and modules for each node and then runs puppet apply.
It's thus a puppetmaster-less setup.

I recommend you take a look at
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/puppet-openstackci/ .
Puppet-openstackci is a project that contains puppet modules to install an
OpenStack based CI, and of course it has manifests/classes for Zuul.

Regards