[OpenStack-Infra] stackalytics.openstack.org usage

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 26 16:32:13 UTC 2016

> > How about monitoring? There are 3 types of things to keep an eye on:
> >
> >    - front-end state - simple HTTP check that the server returns 200 and
> >    some data
> >    - data freshness - to check that the update was run during last couple
> >    days - on s.com this is not automated, but it's something that my
> >    colleagues care about
> >    - errors in logs - rarely, but changes in module config in
> default_data
> >    may result in errors causing the whole project being non-updated --
> >    currently monitored manually.
> >
> Do these checks exist today or something that needs to be added? If they
> exist,
> do you mind sharing the code? We do have cacti.openstack.org to provide
> some
> monitoring.  However, -infra only have manually checks at the moment.

Only the first exist, others are something that would be nice to have. If
keep them manual
then someone will have to check things, at least from time to time.

> > I still need to work on the drivelog stuff, I should have some time in
> the
> > > coming 2 weeks to finish that up.
> > >
> > I'm still hesitating whether driverlog should be a separate module, or it
> > is just an additional config for Stackalytics. There are things that
> > driverlog collects and Stackalytics does not (latest CI run on stable
> > branches) but I'm not sure if anyone uses this data. So if you think that
> > it would be easier to merge DriverLog into I would not disagree.
> >
> Might be worth bringing this up in an -infra meeting.  If the content is
> static,
> we can deal with that pretty easy. We can also add it to stackalytics.o.o,
> however we are pretty tapped for memory ATM.

Let's discuss this on the meeting next week (sorry, I cannot attend it
today). I'll prepare
information of memory consumption and other things,

> > > I'd like to formalize stackatlyics.o.o and see what is needed to move
> it
> > > into
> > > production. This will allow us to move one step closer to 'Host
> > > Stackalytics Service'[1]
> > >

> > Ok. So the remaining steps are:
> >
> >    - move the repo under openstack-infra
> >    - change repo ACL to add Infra cores (I'm really-really looking for
> >    other folks to review CRs)
> >    - move default_data.json to project_config
> >    - redirect s.com to s.o.o
> >
> Do we need to move the repo under openstack-infra, or just break some data
> out?

Well, we can keep the code at current location, I just copied the proposal
from spec [1]

> If we add some of the configuration into project-config, we'll get the
> people
> for code reviews.
>
> What is stopping us from doing the move today? I assume you need to update
> some
> code in stackalytics?

Yes, there's reference to default_data.json from UI and defaults in config.
Overall things to do:
 - copy test case that validates default_data to project-config
 - update links in stackalytics UI
 - update docs
 - update defaults in config
 - send announcement