[OpenStack-Infra] Regression in JJB 1.4.0 maximum recursion depth exceeded

Thanh Ha thanh.ha at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jan 11 16:03:14 UTC 2016

On 9 January 2016 at 07:10, Darragh Bailey <daragh.bailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Thanh,
>
> On 8 Jan 2016 21:47, "Thanh Ha" <thanh.ha at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > (I truncated some of the repetitive output below)
> >
> > I just tried with the -o argument and seems like it passes. I guess it
> only affects stdout output, good to know.
> >
> > We're using python 2.7.5 in production. I did some testing today with
> Python 3.4.3 and it seems the 3.4.x stream at least doesn't run into this
> issue so I'm guessing this only affects Python 2.7.x.
>
> I wonder if it's something that occurs with earlier 2.7 releases, I
> thought I checked that behavior out on 2.7.9
>
> I'll look to check with pyenv on Monday to go over a few python versions.

Hi Darragh,

The extremely strange thing about this one is I've only been able to
reproduce it in Jenkins. So imagine having JJB installed on the same server
as your Jenkins instance or slave. If you ssh to the machine and run JJB on
the commandline it works. Create a job running on the same system and
Jenkins will see the failure in console logs.

In case it helps with reproducing. The git repo I've been using to
reproduce this error is this one:

    https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/releng/builder

After cloning this repo run "jenkins-jobs test -r jjb/".

Regards,

Thanh