[OpenStack-Infra] zuul for non-openstack project

Basavaraj Karadakal bkrdkl at juniper.net
Fri Sep 25 00:15:41 UTC 2015

Greetings,
I work for Juniper networks. I work for a project  where we use gerrit for code review and are planning to implement CI pipeline.  I came across zuul and am impressed by the functionality zuul has for CI .  I want to explore using zuul for our CI pipelines. I went through the docs on the web to setup CI infrastructure http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/running-your-own.html . The documents seem to be geared towards establishing a CI infrastructure to work for a openstack project (no surprise there ).
I see most of the deployment has to be done using puppet and customize it to our needs. I am in process of getting compute resources internally  to do a test deploy. I am a puppet novice, and might take some time to get it all working. The config files themselves are very well documented and was thinking I can get a test setup running with out having to deploy using puppet.  Is there any information to how to get the setup running with out puppet ?  Any help / information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Basavaraj