[OpenStack-Infra] Considering branches in the sync between repo and Zanata

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Sep 23 00:57:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015, at 08:47 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015, at 01:06 AM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> >
> > Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote on 2015/09/22 01:29:25:
> >
> > > From: Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org>
> > > To: openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org
> > > Date: 2015/09/22 01:33
> > > Subject: Re: [OpenStack-Infra] Considering branches in the sync
> > > between repo and Zanata

> > repo
> > is

> > > The change to make this happen doesn't seem too difficult. I have pushed
> > > a series of patches to do it starting with
> > > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225951/
> >
> > Thank you for the quick response.
> >

> > > In that series we basically handle the pushes to Zanata first as thats
> > > easier, then follow up with making the jobs handle pushes to Gerrit, and
> > > finally I chose oslo.versionedobjects to be the first project to get the
> > > liberty jobs as it was the test project for the Zanata transition as
> > > well. One thing to note is I haven't done this for Horizon or Django
> > > OpenStack Auth as they are slightly different but it should follow the
> > > same process.
> >
> > Liberty translation plan includes Horizon, Django OpenStack Auth and
> > Nova.
> > Today Nova will cut its RC1 and I will create the corresponding version
> > in
> > nova,
> > and ask our translators to work with the "liberty" version.
> > Horizon's RC1 will be happened in this week too.
> I will shift the change series focus to those projects.
> >
> > I hope the jobs handle pushes to Gerrit could be ready by Oct.4. Because
> > liberty
> > translations are planned to be merged around Oct.5. If the jobs are not
> > ready,
> > manually import translations might need to be done.
> > I don't have any timeline for the jobs handle pushes to Zanata .Because
> > after RC1,
> > it is "strict string freeze", string changes are not allowed to liberty
> > branches.
> > But anyway, you could set up your plan. I just hope jobs handle pushes to
> > Gerrit
> > ready on time.
> I would expect to get this working as the changes themselves are not
> very complicated. The only major item I need to figure out is whether or
> not the zanata cli client will create those versions if they don't
> exist. I think we want the jobs to not create the versions and just fail
> if you haven't configured zanata for that version.
>
> Also, worst case we can do a manual pull from Zanata and push into
> Gerrit if the number of projects that need stable/liberty version
> support is small. I can work on that if we don't manage to get the jobs
> working with the new versions first.
> >

> > > If you want to look these over that would be great. Looking for feedback
> > > on the process before we continue to plan for other projects like
> > > Horizon. Hopefully this works as a good illustration of how this may
> [...]
I have updated these changes. They will use stable-liberty (they replace
all /'s with -'s). Nova, Horizon, and Django OpenStack Auth are the
projects that will use them first. And I managed to test against
translate-dev that pushing to a version not already in Zanata fails
properly. So this should all just work (fingers crossed).

It would be great if you could review them. Thank you,

Clark