[OpenStack-Infra] Considering branches in the sync between repo and Zanata

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 02:46:57 UTC 2015

On 22 September 2015 at 03:29, Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote:

> One last thing to note, I think the versions in Zanata should match the
> branch names in git. So we would want to have a version of
> 'stable/liberty' instead of 'liberty'. That makes the scripting slightly
> easier and should make it clear what the mapping is between projects and
> Zanata.

In general, it certainly is best if there is a one-to-one relationship
between Zanata versions and git's branches.

However, Zanata currently only allows letters, numbers, periods,
underscores and hyphens, not slash characters.

Please put in a feature request: https://zanata.atlassian.net/  Ideally
Zanata versions would allow any character allowed in git branch names.
Version ids are currently incorporated into Zanata's URL paths, both for
web pages and for REST interfaces, so we'll need a way around that.

--
Sean Flanigan

Principal Software Engineer
Globalisation Tools Engineering