[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-infra] [infra] [fuel-octane] Synchronise stackforge/fuel-octane repository with it's source

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Sep 3 16:06:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015, at 08:58 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-09-02 12:43:09 +0300 (+0300), Oleg Gelbukh wrote:
> > Due to internal constraints, we had to continue development in the
> > original repository for about a month after stackforge/fuel-octane
> > was created and synced. Now it's time for us to finally move to
> > Stackforge for good, but the code diverged significantly since
> > then.
> >
> > Is it possible to re-sync the repo with the current state of
> > source? If yes, could you please do the sync?
>
> As discussed in IRC earlier today, this task requires some dedicated
> time from one of our Gerrit admins. Since it's hundreds of commits
> worth of divergence and therefore not reasonable to push as
> independent changes for review, I can look into taking care of it
> for you but it won't be immediate (and probably won't be this week
> unless someone else has free time before I get to it).

That said a couple hundred commits is not the end of the world. If you
can live with divergent history (necessary to put change ids on all the
outstanding commits), you can push those changes into Gerrit, "review",
then approve them to get them merged. Its a bit more work on your part,
but you don't have to wait for anyone.

Clark