[OpenStack-Infra] zuul-merger and garbage collection

Heald, Nicola nicola.heald at hp.com
Tue May 12 08:40:12 UTC 2015

From: Clark Boylan [cboylan at sapwetik.org]
> One example we have run into with GitPython is that if the repo is
> repacked (which git can do for you when it decides to) object files may
> not exist any longer and need to be refound in the pack file instead.
> The only way to get GitPython to see that is the make a new repo object.

Ah, this *might* be what we're seeing. During normal zuul-merger
operation, it should never have files open that are deleted on disk,
should it?

Deleting the entire repo has never given us a problem, but now we're
seeing pack files that zuul-merger has open with a worrying (deleted)
next to them in lsof output.

Sound like removing our `git gc` cronjob is a good idea?

Nikki