[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-dev] Gerrit downtime and upgrade on Saturday 2015-05-09 at 1600 UTC

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue May 12 00:54:57 UTC 2015

Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> writes:

> On 2015-05-11 11:02:17 -0500 (-0500), Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>> As a point of information, I logged in to review a python-novaclient
>> review, and now I find I can't load any nova reviews at all; I get a
>> page with the top bar, but below that is a "Toggle CI" button and
>> nothing else.  Reloading the page has no effect, and the same behavior
>> applies to all nova reviews I've tried to load.  Restarting by browser
>> did not have any effect.
>
> Yes, we're currently running down an issue where the JGit backend
> for Gerrit mistakenly thinks some packfiles are corrupt even though
> manual inspection indicates that they are not. Stand by for further
> information.

We have downgraded Gerrit to 2.8, the version we were running
previously.

We have not been able to solve or even fully diagnose this issue.  It
has not appeared in our test environment, and it did not appear in
production within the first 48 hours after deployment, but only once the
system began to experience significant load.

We still believe no actual corruption has occurred, but Gerrit
consistently exhibits the problem.  If you are interested in details,
you may see my post to the Gerrit mailing list here:

  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/CYYoHfDxCfA

We have downgraded to version 2.8 until we can determine a way forward.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

-Jim