[OpenStack-Infra] Help needed with two failed release jobs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Dec 15 17:18:59 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-15 08:30:20 -0600 (-0600), Kyle Mestery wrote:
> This morning I tried to do two releases for networking sub-projects, and
> both failed in slightly different ways.
[...]

The goal of the merge-release-tags job is to provide a merge commit
in review tying the new tag from a non-master branch history into
the master branch history (but only if it's higher than the latest
tag in master). In both cases here, the commit you tagged already
appears in the master branch history, so there is nothing for the
job to do. Unfortunately, its current failure mode in that situation
seems to be to attempt to push the branch tip back up as a new
change for review rather than aborting/skipping the push (which
would make more sense).

Anyway, it should be safe to ignore the failure results of the job
in the two cases you linked, as the service it wanted to provide you
was entirely unnecessary for these particular tags.