[OpenStack-Infra] Help needed with two failed release jobs

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Tue Dec 15 14:30:20 UTC 2015

Hi infra folks!

This morning I tried to do two releases for networking sub-projects, and
both failed in slightly different ways.

The first one is from networking-cisco [1]. It has failed the
"merge-release-tags" job when trying to push the tag. I'm unclear as to why
this failed.

The second one was for networking-bgpvpn, and it also failed the
"merge-release-tags" job. However, in this case, it appears to have failed
due to a commit message first line being too long.

Any ideas as to why these both failed would be greatly appreciated. In the
second case, if it really did fail for the commit message being too long,
how do we get past that?

Thanks!
Kyle

[1]