[OpenStack-Infra] How to create a branch and/or tag for a stackforge project?

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 23:40:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

I asked this question in -infra and I was pointed to this:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GerritJenkinsGit#Tagging_a_Release

However, whenever I try to push a tag it gets rejected by Gerrit. Note
that I am in the release team of the stackforge project that I am
pushing the tag to.

Also, I was told that branches cannot be created for stackforge
projects. However, I do see that some of the stackforge projects do
have branches:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/cookbook-openstack-compute

and, there was also this email thread which seemed to suggest that its possible:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2014-June/001301.html

Would really appreciate if someone can provide pointers on how to
achieve the above two things.

Thanks,
~Sumit.