[OpenStack-Infra] Create a new branch for stackforge project

Le Tian Ren renlet at cn.ibm.com
Thu May 29 09:09:25 UTC 2014

Hi Infra team,

I'm now maintaining a sub project under stackforge. There is only one
master branch for now, and we plan to create a release branch like
stable/icehouse, since the repository is gated by gerrit(git reivew), the
situtation may be a little complicate here. I created a new branch locally,
and tried to git push origin <new_branch> and git push gerrit <new_branch>,
neither succeeded. Would anyone shed some light on this, please? Thanks in
advance.

git push gerrit stable/icehouse
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://gpanda@review.openstack.org:29418/stackforge/powervc-driver.git
 ! [remote rejected] stable/icehouse -> stable/icehouse (prohibited by
Gerrit)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://gpanda@review.openstack.org:29418/stackforge/powervc-driver.git'

BTW, I'm not in the core gerrit group of the project.

Le Tian Ren (任乐天, \u4efb\u4e50\u5929)