[OpenStack-Infra] openstack CI infra

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at RACKSPACE.COM
Sun Jun 29 10:37:19 UTC 2014

Hi Vinay,

OpenStack handles that by using a dependant pipeline in zuul to gate on changes. You can read about it here: http://ci.openstack.org/zuul/gating.html

Hopefully that answers your questions!

Cheers,
Josh

________________________________
From: Vinay Mahuli [vm.vinay at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 8:31 PM
To: openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [OpenStack-Infra] openstack CI infra

Hi,

We have a similar continuous integration (CI) as in openstack ci.openstack.org<http://ci.openstack.org>
In such a setup,​ we have different projects (repositories) against which the developers commit the patches.

My query is how to handle the dependencies between projects?
At times the developers might have changes across projects/repositories and which might be in-turn dependent on each other. There will be a situation where in all the fixes (across projects) needed to be pushed at the same time. But openstack CI works on a single project. It schedules the build for one project and merges that specific fix.

Do you have any solution to handle this situation in openstack CI?

Regards,
Vinay