[OpenStack-Infra] Hosting your CI logs at dropbox is not acceptable

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Jun 25 23:13:47 UTC 2014

Hi Samuel,

On 06/23/2014 07:59 AM, Samuel Bercovici wrote:
> When you mention opens source solution, please point to an available
> open source hosting that we can use to push the log files into? The
> alternative would be to put the 3rd party testing CI system behind a
> public IP and this will most likely going to take time.

I understand your point of view, this looks like a very visible effect
of what people call the 'consumerization of IT' :) It's so much easier
for anybody to pay for box, dropbox and the like to host a few files
than it is going up the management chain to setup a public apache server.

That said, while I agree with Anita that we should all prefer to use
open source software, I am not sure that the infra team has a quota on
its clouds to easily offer you a technical alternative to Dropbox at the
moment.

It's definitely more important that the logs provided by Radware's CI
are not compressed/tarred and are served rapidly. Let's remember that
the ultimate goal of 3rd party CIs is to enable the OpenStack project as
a whole to deliver good quality code. Radware's system and you, as
engineers, are required to help reach that goal, from deploying a usable
system to helping fellow engineers understand where tests fail.

I also recommend that you join the online meeting on IRC
#openstack-meeting, Mondays at 1800  utc
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings#Third_Party_Meeting to discuss
ways to move forward and coordinate with the rest of the team.

Cheers,
stef