[OpenStack-Infra] [3rd Party] Log retention with 3rd party testing

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Tue Jun 17 14:03:03 UTC 2014

On 06/17/2014 12:59 AM, trinath.somanchi at freescale.com wrote:
> Hi Stackers-
>
> I have a doubt on what is the timeline for log retention. From the discussion (irc), I learnt that time for log retention is ONE month.
>
> I have two scenarios to deal with.
>
> [1] A change takes two months or more to get merged into the master branch.
>
>      Here, if CI's, delete the logs of the last month, the owner/reviewer may not be able to check the old logs.
>
> [2] A change is good and merged into the master branch.
>
>      Here, if in future this change creates a BUG, a research on the CI logs might be a helpful to resolve this.
>
> To retain all the logs forever will be an storage issue.
>
> Kindly help me with you suggestions to resolve this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Trinath Somanchi - B39208
> trinath.somanchi at freescale.com | extn: 4048

Trianth:

You posted this exact same post last week:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-June/037666.html

Have you read all of How to Ask Questions the Smart Way?

Sometimes others don't feel the same way that you do about an issue, or
maybe they do but not as the same time as you do. Sometimes you need to
accept that others don't wish to talk about the same topics as yourself
when you want to. You could take the time to read what others are
saying, talk to other people, ask them "What is important to you?" and
actually _listen_ to what they have to say. You might learn something.
You also might learn, by caring what someone else has to say, that you
find some people are willing to care what you have to say on a topic. It
doesn't mean they will agree, but by making connections and listening to
others, others may listen to you.

Please don't continue to post the same topic to the mailing list, once
is enough. If people are interested, they will talk to you about it. If
they aren't, well sometimes you have to accept that they aren't.

Thanks for your continued enthusiasm in the third-party space, Trianth.
I appreciate it,
Anita.