[openstack-dev] [3rd Party] Log retention with 3rd party testing

trinath.somanchi at freescale.com trinath.somanchi at freescale.com
Fri Jun 13 17:08:46 UTC 2014

Hi Stackers-

I have a doubt on what is the timeline for log retention. From the discussion (irc), I learnt that time for log retention is ONE month.

I have two scenarios to deal with.

[1] A change takes two months or more to get merged into the master branch.
     Here, if CI's, delete the logs of the last month, the owner/reviewer may not be able to check the old logs.

[2] A change is good and merged into the master branch.

     Here, if in future this change creates a BUG, a research on the CI logs might be a helpful to resolve this.

To retain all the logs forever will be an storage issue.

Kindly help me with you suggestions to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Trinath Somanchi - B39208
trinath.somanchi at freescale.com | extn: 4048