[OpenStack-Infra] Moving gantt to stackforge

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Feb 19 10:58:13 UTC 2014

Russell Bryant wrote:
> The gantt repository was originally put under openstack/.  I would like
> to move gantt to stackforge to better reflect the current status of the
> project.
>
> We don't actually expect anyone to use gantt as-is.  The consensus seems
> to be that we have quite a bit of work left to do inside of Nova before
> we can regenerate the gantt repo and try for the forklift again.  In the
> meantime, there are some that are still interested in experimenting with
> the current gantt repo.
>
> How do we go about doing this move?  Should I file a bug to track it?
> What can I do to help?

I'm not sure the move is really needed. openstack/* shouldn't carry any
notion of usability/stability, it just reflects that the project is an
openstack project. Since gantt belongs to the official Compute program,
it should be under openstack/*.

The move to stackforge would make sense if it was developed by a nascent
separate group, but I don't think that's the case here ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)