[OpenStack-Infra] Running devstack in a Jenkins job within an LXC container

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 01:31:38 UTC 2014

Hi Dean, Infra-team,

I've been trying to get full Tempest test runs on Jenkins slave nodes in
an external testing system [1]

The slave nodes are running in LXC containers on my workstation, but I
am getting odd errors about halfway through the execution of stack.sh
during the job run.

Here is the console output from the Jenkins job in question [2]:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/65632/

At the end you will note something about leaked file descriptors. I'm
not sure if this is actually the cause of the failure of the job or not,
and I'm hoping you might have seen this before and have some ideas on
workarounds?

All the best, and thanks in advance for any thoughts,
-jay

[1]
http://www.joinfu.com/2014/02/setting-up-an-external-openstack-testing-system/
[2] Job definition: