[OpenStack-Infra] Setting up an Asterisk server

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 13:28:16 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 10:29 PM, James E. Blair wrote:
> We're about to roll out our first production CentOS server, so I think
> at this point we've crossed that bridge so we may as well slide down the
> slope.  I'm sorry I couldn't mix any more metaphors in that sentence.
>
> At any rate, yeah, we can handle CentOS6 now, and it sounds like from
> what the two of you have written, it's probably the best bet for
> Asterisk 11.

Ok, sounds good.

> Paul, would you be interested in porting your modules to Asterisk 11 on
> CentOS?

I'd like to help here.  I want to learn more puppet anyway.

What kind of timeline are we shooting for here?  If we want something
running sooner, could we start with a hacky approach for the Asterisk
configs (get puppet to place a set of files in /etc/asterisk as-is), and
then migrate to a nicer setup over time?

--
Russell Bryant