[OpenStack-I18n] The future of language coordinator

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Thu Nov 9 08:26:40 UTC 2017

Hello,

this week I had a conversation with Ian about the future of language
coordinators and how to improve the communication within the team. I
checked the Zanata user management and did some changes for different
language teams.

1. In some teams Daisy was configured as a language coordintaor. Maybe
as you know: She invented the I18n team and did an incredible job. But
her priorities have changed and as we say in our country: life goes on.
So I removed the account from such kind of language teams.

2. If there are no team members left, the language teams are empty. This
avoids uncertainties when new people contact the language coordinator
and then receive no response.

3. If there are one team member in such kind of team: Congrats! Now you
are the new language coordindator! Please read in the I18n guide on [1]
what roles in language team mean and how to deal as a language
coordinator.

4. Other language teams are untouched. But we have still accounts from
inactive members configured and (this is the real issue) inactive
language coordinators with active team members. Under the help of
Stackalytics [2] I will try to investigate the situation in the
different language teams. Any help or ideas are still welcome.

kind regards

Frank (PTL I18n)

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/i18n/latest/lang_team.html#roles-in-a-language-team