[OpenStack-I18n] First stable/newton branches created

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Sep 19 16:27:16 UTC 2016

On 09/19/2016 06:15 PM, Ian Y. Choi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Actually I do not know exactly how I see a list of stable/newton
> versions in Zanata.
> (Should I click all the projects and check corresponding versions
> currently?)

Yes, that's the only way ;(

> But yes, there are also many server-side projects, such as nova and
> neutron.

Exactly - and for those I've setup the sync.

> Andreas Jaeger wrote on 9/19/2016 9:07 PM:
>> On 2016-09-16 17:45, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>>> Job to sync translated projects:
>>>
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365872/
>>>
>>> Please review - and if I missed some repos, create a new change,
>> I noticed that more projects have stable-newton branches in Zanata then
>> those that I added - and thus far more than are mentioned on the front
>> page.
>>
>> Do you really want to allow translation of all of these - or focus like
>> it's written on the Zanata front page and as Ian states in "To language
>> team coordinators: Let's speed up for Newton translation​" on a few
>> Horizon projects?
>>
>> I suggest to focus and remove stable-newton branch from those projects
>> you're not handling.
>>
>> Should that list be the list of repos I enabled in infra? Or only the
>> dashboard ones?
>>
>> So, basically, what I'd like to know:
>> * Which projects should have stable-newton in Zanata?
> That is why I intended first to check whether there will be more IBM
> translations or not,
> since IBM contributed translations on server-side projects a lot.
>
> As
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/073942.html
> shared about one year ago,
> and at Austin I18n meetup, server-side projects were not included in our
> priority.
> ( Austin I18n meetup Etherpad:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-i18n-meetup )

Those were done in the past and if you change it, you should tell the
server side projects and release team. They might expect it.

Personally, I would focus on user side content: Dashboards,
openstackclient, documentation - and then comes server side projects -
but your call. I just ask for proper communication.

> Non-prioritizing would mean non-consideration of stable/newton branches
> for server projects in Zanata?

You could leave them in case somebody wants to translate them - or
remove them completely.

> I do not clearly remember it, but if it is okay, currently I am okay to
> remove those projects which are not handled.
>
> But still, I would like to know to IBM's translation contribution plan,
> and also listen
> to language coordinators and translators by this mailing list or later
> I18n IRC meeting.

IBM translated some server projects.

> For documentation projects (e.g., openstack-manuals), creating stable
> versions after release data is needed.

Yes, indeed. openstack-manuals has not branched yet.

>> * Which should be synced to git (IMHO the same ones)?
> IMO same as the 1st
>> * Do you want to point out further repos besides the dashboard ones? If
>> yes, how?
> I think current decision for Newton is up to Kato-san, since he is now
> Newton PTL :)
> Kato-san, do you have idea on that?
>
> And of course, I really want to point out documentation projects for
> stable/newton branch after the release date during Ocata cycle.

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)